ADVERTISEMENT

Not convinced this program is out of the woods over the long haul

KUFED

Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 8, 2013
2-6 is not acceptable. But how we got here is the real problem. Losing your OC from an offense you have run for years and years, should not be a death knell for your season. Leipold chose to hire from outside and it has not worked. All of our skill position players return and we cannot close out games. The O-line had early penalties but has actually played solidly. It's either the play calling or these guys are not as good as we all thought and I think Grimm will play on Sundays. Daniels has played poorly for much of the season but the play calling has not helped him either.
I do not know and perhaps JK can shed some light on this, I do not know how Leipold/staff did not sign some LB's with some speed. Our LB's cannot play in space and it is killing any chance to close out games. Our DB's cannot tackle. We lack physicality in the back 7 of the defense. The DL has exceeded my expectations. The ability to evaluate talent has never been more important than in the era of the portal. I do not think our staff self evaluated the roster worth a damn this past off season.
Where are the difference makers on defense?
Final word on the OC. That last drive, when everyone watching knew Ksu was sending the house, where was a hot receiver over the middle? Watch the replay, the middle was wide open. A 5 yard hitch or slant could have gained big yards. Daniels is scrambling and two to three WR/s have their backs turned to him. Either they are idiots, or that is some really bad coaching and play calling.
Leipold better make some significant changes this off season or he needs to go. The fact that K-State has the program they have and have beat us for 16 straight should be unacceptable to every donor and season ticket holder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.