ADVERTISEMENT

NO. 6 KANSAS AT MISSOURI: SOME STUFF

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
-- While meeting with the media on Thursday, Bill Self said nothing special was planned, but made it clear that his guys know the importance of the game on Saturday and it's something they will continue to, in a word, hammer home. These are the type of games that Self lives for and I'm guessing his squad will be ready to go on Saturday. Unfortunately, I can't see into the future, so I have no idea what's going to happen, but I get the feeling that this team will be ready to go.

-- I'm sure some of you remember the name Isiaih Mosley. He was a big-time transfer that averaged over 20 points per game last season at Missouri State. Mosley and Dajuan Harris are very close and there was a time when I thought Mosley would end up at Kansas. At any rate, he signed with Missouri and had high expectations heading into the season. While meeting with the media on Thursday, Harris was asked about going head-to-head with Mosley on Saturday but made it sound like he might not play. It sounds like something is going on with the 6-foot-5, 205-pound guard from Columbia, Mo.

-- Harris was asked about MU's involvement in his recruitment and he basically said that MU was never involved. On Thursday, Harris said that KU was his main focus because KU was the school that tried to help him.

"Really when Coach Self was talking to me after Peach Jam and stuff, that's when they really started trying to start talking. I guess they heard some stuff that KU was talking to me. So it was around that time after Peach Jam. Around, it seemed like, July or something like that? August, probably end of August like that."

At the time, did Harris think much about it?

"I mean, no, because they didn't have the stuff that I needed to be required to be able to go to school. But my main focus was KU because they were the only people that tried to help me."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News