ADVERTISEMENT

News and Notes My prediction on the offensive line

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
I'm making an early call on the offensive line. Obviously there is two more weeks of practice and a lot can change.

LT- Adeniji
LG- Rhodes
C- Ribordy
RG- Chris Hughes
RT- Frazier

Frazier took all the snaps with the 1's today. So did Hughes. Now some coaches can play games and start guys while we are there, but Yenser and Beaty have said all along these guys are making a push.

Frazier looks bigger and stronger than I ever remember him. He is not as powerful as Baldwin you can see that in drills. But he is athletic. I don't know (if Frazier wins the job) whether that is a message being delivered to Baldwin or if Frazier truly wins it out by talent and ability. Either way I am guessing they ride with Frazier to start in the beginning.

I think Chris Hughes holds a slight lead over Larry. But that lead shrunk all camp and I think Hughes has taken the lead and judging by the way he took it he will hang onto it.

The spots I can't make a call yet are the swing guys. I'm guessing with Bragg at center and don't know about the guard and tackle. Leaning to Baldwin and Larry Hughes.

Again with two weeks left until they walk on the field things can change. But that's my early call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News