ADVERTISEMENT

My prediction for JD6

JVDBeak'em

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2007
It seems to be more than rust, but Jalon has (extremely) slowly gotten better each week. I think that continues to be the case.

However, if he continues to lose, the staff will have no choice but to go to the bench. You really want him to make it to at least KSU to give us a shot in that game. Winning that game would (sadly) be a nice consolation prize for being out of the Big 12 race, and would keep us in contention for a bowl berth.

I have no clue if Jalon's injury lagged on longer than has been indicated, or if Lance just decided on his own to completely shut him down until 4 weeks before the season, or a combination of both, but to be completely away from the game for that long has to be difficult to come back from and perform at an elite level right out of the gate. Not to mention the mental gymnastics he had to go through last year with the entire internet calling him a quitter and a fake.

My prediction, and the most KU Football thing to happen, is we start to string along some wins. Jalon and the offense continue to slowly get better. They never quite get back to where they were last year, but we have a few games where we put up some big numbers. By the end of the season Jalon starts to look like the old Jalon and then he cashes out and get an offer from a P2 school.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.