ADVERTISEMENT

Mormon Moaning Myrtle

Wichihawk6306

Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2012
Start of rant. - not checking for typos or grammar errors - i apologize

Saturday a group of us had a very weird interaction with a BYU fan. She was being super loud and cheering for BYU on the west side of Memorial - not in the BYU sections, which for the record is A-OK folks will get tickets where they can and of course you will have fans scattered around. Where things go weird was she started to randomly cry and need to be consoled by her spouse and then back to cheering for BYU like before and acting somewhat normal. this goes on for a bit, and some high school age kids that sit beside us were getting annoyed with her antics, which most everyone (including her spouse and fil) was as well. They start clapping and cheering louder and louder and she began to get rather upset. i told the hs kids to cool it for a while because what they thought was a normal fan vs fan interaction cheering loud back and forth - she was taking more personally. so they stopped. at no point did they say anything even directly to her, about her, or about anything other than the game generally as any fan in the stands would. at some point following a KU score where EVERYONE in the stands was going crazy, she sprints off and goes to get a steward. i can see her point up to the area around us. a little while later, the steward comes back with the gal she sits down and he asks the kids to come with him, i asked the man why do they need to come and he said that they had been using slurs, i told the steward that they did not use any profanity and that i would like to come talk on their behalf. she then LOST it - screaming at me, using profanity herself "yes they f**king did! they said f**k the mormons!" - i was just trying to get her calm at that point and told her she needed to relax multiple times to which she yelled at me she didnt need to relax and her FIL to his credit told her, yes - yes you do need to relax. I spoke to the steward and the kids were relocated not removed, which was the right decision - probably should have moved her, but not nitpicking the gameday crew-. a little while later my wife had informed me that my 5 and 7 year olds were uncomfortable because that lady was screaming at me and others and was now back and crying in her seat... again... nobody had cussed at her, called her names, said anything about mormons (other than i did hear someone behind me at one point say "joseph smith would have loved that!" after a ku score).... the hs kids came back to the seats after a bit to get some stuff they left and say goodbye. the byu gal lost it again and ran back down to the steward, i followed closely behind and without speaking to her informed the steward that she needed to be removed from the stadium because the way she was acting was unacceptable with the lying and targeting hs age kids kicked out - while she was having way more heated convos with adults in front of her. the crying and screaming and her use of profanity had made my kids feel uncomfortable to the point they wanted to leave the game early. call me a karen or a ken all you like, but you dont get to pick on hs kids and make my young children feel uncomfortable and scared and me just stay quiet and take it.
other than this, the byu fans were very nice and cordial and literally dont have a single negative thing to say about them other than her..

rant over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News