ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update More players added to the board- Wed, May 3rd update

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Just when I think the transfer portal and spring targets are coming into focus it changes.

I have said this before and will say it again, the spring has been brutal for teams trying to find quality to decent players. There are a lot of programs looking to fill their spots with the best they can find even if it doesn't mean they don't ever project them as a starter. That has led to several players being over-recruited and getting more attention than they would in normal cycles.

----------------

A new name to track is Zach Blackwood from Garden City CC. He projects as an inside player and from what I have been told has three years left to play. He goes around 6-foot-5, 280 pounds so he isn't the edge rusher they have been looking for but it is clear they will also take an inside player if they find one they like.

Brian Borland was at GCCC a couple weeks ago to watch him. Blackwood has been getting a lot of FCS and G5 offers but one came in from Colorado last night.

I think the Jayhawks are going to start making a strong push at him.

With so much attention going to the portal there will be juco players who are under the radar. But there are going to be more P5 coaches to stop in at GCCC and I expect him to get more attention.

-----------------

Another new name to watch is Isaac Ukwu from James Madison. Taiwo Onatolu has been recruiting him and from what I gather Ukwu has a lot of options but is listening to KU.

He has kept a lot of his info quiet but the Jayhawks are still involved.

He had 7.5 sacks and 10.5 TFL. He has offers from Mizzou, Ole Miss, Cincinnati, Auburn and many more.

-----------------

I was told over the weekend there is a chance that Jordyn Tyson and his brother Jalon could end up at different schools. Jordyn (the WR) is currently in Norman visiting OU but I don't believe his brother is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News