ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update MONDAY TRANSFER PORTAL UPDATE

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
I know a lot of you are frustrated with the lack of news following Hunter Dickinson's visit to Kansas, but that's just the way it's going to be until a final decision is made. When that's going to happen, I couldn't tell you for sure, but what I do know is that Dickinson has done a fantastic job of keeping things quiet throughout this process. I've long maintained that Kansas is a player major for the 7-foot-1, 260-pound big man from Michigan, and I still feel that way. Probably not what you're looking for, but the best I can do for now.

Recently, Primo Spears, the 6-foot-3, 185-pound guard from Georgetown narrowed his list of schools down to two. After hearing from a ton of schools, Spears cut his list to Kansas and Florida State. As of today, and he just confirmed the visit, the No. 15 ranked player in the transfer portal will arrive for his visit to Kansas tomorrow (25th). I'm still making calls to see where things stand, but I firmly believe that if Kansas makes a strong push, it will be difficult for Spears to say no to Bill Self and Kansas.

This is really a tough one to get a read on for a couple of reasons, but I was told this weekend that the door isn't shut when it comes to Arterio Morris and Kansas. Following his visit to Kansas, Morris, the 6-foot-3, 190-pound guard from Texas, took a visit to UCF. I'm also told that DePaul is involved, but not sure if a visit has taken place or not, or if that visit will take place in the future. I hope to have some additional news on Morris this week.

As I mentioned last week, Jaylon Tyson, the 6-foot-7, 210-pound small forward from Texas Tech is in the process of scheduling a visit to Kansas. In fact, a date might have already been set, but as of Saturday, that wasn't the case just yet. I know he took a visit to California this weekend and I know a number of other schools are very interested. However, it has been made clear to me that Tyson and Kansas are in the process of scheduling a visit date, which could happen as early as this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News