ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Beasley's mom's Manhattan domicile

HawksJ

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
Lawrence
http://themercury.com/articles/frankie-and-johnny-who-did-who-wrong

Everybody knew the recruiting by Huggins and Martin was dirtier than a $2 whore, but had anybody heard this specific story? I remember the AAU money guy going to prison, but I had never heard the dots connected like this. People here in Lawrence want to tar-and-feather Tom Keegan if he doesn't predict the football team to go 12-0; I can't imagine how the grapes will feel about this local writer spilling these beans.

Funny, @kkietz never said a word about this. Color me shocked that he wasn't all over this as the objective journalist we all know and love.

----------------

"Martin had burned recruiting bridges in Washington, D.C., and in Kansas City, and was facing a player revolt, due to the way he treated them. So his talent level was dropping. He alienated some fans with four-letter words you could hear clear across town during games. And there were NCAA compliance issues swirling around. We later learned through lawsuits that Michael Beasley’s mother had lived in a townhouse near the Manhattan Country Club for free, the rent having been paid by a money guy behind the D.C. Assault AAU basketball operation. That’s the same operation created by a guy who wired the money to Samuels; that guy is now in federal prison on tax charges.

Meanwhile, Dalonte Hill, the assistant to Martin who was the highest-paid assistant coach in the country, is now out of the business. The Pottawatomie County sheriff nailed him for DUI while he was here, and he picked up a second DUI in Maryland." - Ned Seaton, Manhattan Mercury

Reactions: floydmaster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News