Recruiting Update MICAH ROBINSON VISITS KANSAS; PLANS TO RETURN

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Hey all,

This past weekend, Micah Robinson, the 6-foot-6, 215-pound small forward from Greenhill School in Dallas, Texas was in Lawrence for a visit. Currently, Robinson, the No. 24 ranked player in the 2024 class, has received scholarship offers from Kansas, Texas Tech, TCU, Texas A&M, SMU, and Ole Miss. I hope to have a more in-depth update on Robinson in the future, but on Monday morning, I was able to exchange a few text messages with the four-star prospect, before class got started.

Here's what Micah Robinson had to say about his visit to Kansas this past weekend.

"It was really good," Robinson told JayhawkSlant.com. "Coach Townsend took us on a tour around the campus and showed us where the players live (McCarthy Hall). At first, I thought it was a hotel. We got to go to practice on Friday, so that was fun to watch. What really stood out to me was how loud the game was on Saturday. I've heard about how loud it gets, but to experience it in person was crazy. I plan to use one of my official visits to come back (for another visit)."

Just from talking to a few people, this is a young man that has a lot of interest in the University of Kansas -- at least at this stage of his recruitment. Obviously, he plans to return for an official visit, but it wouldn't surprise me if he makes it back to Allen Fieldhouse on a number of occasions next season and beyond. Without a doubt, a player to keep your eye on in the 2024 class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News