ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic Life changers

TexasJayhawk87

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2009
Ok, I’m using the ‘life changers’ term somewhat lightly here but jolebo mentioning his Vitamix is what I’m looking to share. I used to jokingly say when my wife got us all Yeti cups and tumblers they changed my life. I do love them and drink coffee in them every day. It sounds like CBD oil in the other thread has literally changed some lives. An aspirin a day for migraines for others.

So, what are those things - large or small, product or practice or behavior - that you love so much you want to share that knowledge? Those things that you wish you’d have discovered sooner. For me, in no particular order:

1) Yeti - love em...amazing how they keep coffee so hot and cold drinks so cold. It became a gateway drug for me and I now have large thermos for hunting, the big coolers although I sold out to RTIC because it’s same great product but much less. I still had a ton of ice in mine after a hunting/vacation trip that lasted 10 days!
2) Vitamix - absolutely freaking love this thing. A healthy smoothie has become my breakfast and/or post workout smoothie most days. It could grind gravel if you wanted it to. As jolebo pointed out, great for sherberts or desserts. Can do soups.
3) Quad hunting jacket - this goes back to when I finally had some money of early days of duck hunting but love goretex and the versatility of these jackets.
4) Automatic doggy door with transmitter on dog and plexiglass door that goes up and down as she approaches it. Keeps other critters out, don’t have to worry about robbers crawling through or big loss of heat/cool depending on the season. I’ve had several dogs and can’t believe I never discovered this! HiTech Pet is the one we use. H town gets hot! Does away with a doghouse outside and the dog can get in and out at her pleasure and be cool. Have a dog fence to block her in the tiled kitchen in case she swims or gets muddy if we’re gone a good chunk of the day.
5) Sonicare toothbrush I never flossed regularly and got tired of the dental Hygenist scolding me but that all stopped when we got these. Next time in she said ‘oh, you’ve been flossing’ I said nope! These things are great, teeth never been so clean and great for your gums.

There are more but that’s enough, what are yours?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News