ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Latest recruiting info: Thursday, April 18th (8:43 a.m.)

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Over the last 4-5 days I have been in contact with several KU targets and getting updates on them. I have been saving it for one, bigger update. Here is some of the info I have for today.

First let's start with the transfer portal. Right now, if there is one key target it is Jaxon Howard, who entered from LSU. He is originally from Minnesota, where he was the top-ranked player in the 2022 class in the state. He was also the 8th-rated DE in the country. At LSU as a freshman he started as a LB and then moved to DE.

The Jayhawks were the first school to offer when he entered the portal and they probably had a good connection to know when he was going in. His father, Willie, played at Stanford and then went to the Minnesota Vikings for a season. When he was at Minnesota, the assistant DL coach was Jim Panagos. KU has a connection to Howard. I have been told the family will handle their recruiting professionally and probably keep a lot of information behind closed doors.

The word I am getting is KU is sitting on top among four schools including Minnesota, Michigan State, and Washington. I assume more offers will come in for him. Howard will be a tough get but the relationship with Panagos has them in the mix. Plus, they are going to sell how two of their portal recruits over the last two years have gone to the NFL.

Moving to the high school side and I will have more info over the next couple days. I spoke with LB AJ Holloway and he told me he has locked in a visit for June 21. he is talking with Onatolu and Simpson.

Adrian Holley, a DE from Indiana is in the process of setting up an official to KU the weekend of June 14. I'm hearing with Austin Booker and Cole Ballard from Indiana, they are going to look at the state more. He will visit KU and Minnesota and will set more up.

Four-star WR Jalen Cooper told me has an official visit set for June 7. He has been talking a lot with Terry Samuel. He does have an official this weekend with Oklahoma State and will set more up in the coming weeks.

Speaking of Oklahoma State one WR who was planning to visit in May is off the board. Kam Powell was supposed to visit May 17th, but he committed to OSU after his official.

Desert Edge DB Jamar Beal-Goines told me he is finalizing an official for the end of May. That is an interesting date because the recruits from DE should all be getting on campus around that time.

I will have some info on official visits that are being close to set in the next couple days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News