ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Latest on recruiting and the portal: May 10th

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
What started as a slow portal season quickly became a solid period for the Jayhawks.

There was a time where people were questioning what was going on that quickly developed into a few key additions.

And I don't know that I can close the book on the portal recruiting just quite yet. Sources have confirmed to me the Jayhawks are in a small group of schools making a push at Texas A&M center Bryce Foster. The former five-star recruit entered the portal and had several teams offer him.

This is what I have been able to track down on Foster. Things got complicated because he also does track and field where he throws the shot put. This week he is competing at the SEC championships and is expected to qualify for regionals, which will be in two weeks. It has been difficult for him to take visits. He could possibly take one May 17th weekend because there is a week off between conference and regionals.

He took a visit to USC and from what I hear he liked it a lot, but they don't have his major. So, he is continuing to look around and have been told KU and Oregon are two schools he could visit next. Houston has also been trying to get in the mix.

I'm not counting KU out of this one, but it will take some work.

-----------

I expect someone from the staff to visit Lawrence High next week Josh Galbreath. He just picked up an offer from Iowa State and I hear Oklahoma State, Nebraska and Wisconsin are visiting the school to evaluate him.

He's going to be one of the better prospects in the 2026 class and I think he will get several more offers. His father Eric was a running back for Glen Mason in the mid 90's.

He will be more of an outside backer in college and has a good frame. I was told he would be an ideal player for the same position Craig Young played.

-----------

There is work to do tracking down visitors but I expect double-digit numbers the first week of June. The coaches are on the road recruiting and will add and subtract names from the early list.

I know one name off the list is Dylan Robinson WR from California. He's picking up a lot of new offers and told KU he is canceling his official visit. I liked Robinson but he's going to have a lot of options and more coming in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News