ADVERTISEMENT

KSU Football Stadium

bigdogjac

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 29, 2010
Weatherford OK
I could get on all the other threads and cuss all the things that went wrong but I am going talk about something else. I have mentioned that I am going to travel to all the Big 12 stadiums for games. I was recruited by K-state back in 1967 and had to sit in a terrible old stadium. They then built a new stadium in 1968 that would hold 30K plus fans. i went to a KU/KSU game in the early 70's. It appeared to me that is was built out in the boondocks.

As the wife and I drove 5-1/2 hrs to Manhattan Friday I couldn't believe what I was seeing from the outside and the growth around it. What an awesome site. As we froze to watch the game today I paid attention to all the upgrades they had made and making, my thoughts came to recruiting when I was a young lad being recruited.

If a recruit is being recruited by both KU and KSU I could see how our Jayhawks could lose. We don't compare to the KSU complex. There are large video screens in every corner. Hell, even the yard makers are lighted telling you what down it is and yds to go. Student section was large. Bathrooms are great. All isles had hand rails. Great viewing. Massive amount of parking.
I know a lot of our fans are attached to our stadium and facilities. We have made progress. Not much can be done about our parking. My honest opinion is if we really want to compete in recruiting, we need to tear it down and start over.

It is imperative LM turns this program around so that we can pack the stadium which I hope would bring in big money to rebuild.
I'm ready for and expect all the criticism.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News