ADVERTISEMENT

Kickoff Party Last Night

gball992

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
If one word was used to describe last night's event......Excitement. I was very impressed with how organized how the event was and how much of a step up from "kickoff" events in the past. They were sure pumping the gateway project even on cups had the site listed (well done). Lots of great activities for the kids, whole fam got to come up including young niece and nephew had a blast (4 year old and almost 2 year old). Tough situation was lack of seating indoors due to the large crowd but other than that very impressed with the media boards and stage they put up in the indoor. Players were personable from what I could tell and looked happy to be there (impressive given they have to be exhausted). Got to speak with RMDFM which is always a pleasure as well. Fans I spoke with genuinely didn't even show up due to the normal excitement for something to do on a Friday night/alumni event they were excited for the actual product on the field (football). This is different folks. Hats off to the KU athletic department for how they have flipped this program in 2 years. Gball992 is ready to go to the stars (certainly have seen enough difficulty)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News