ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic Kansas/Missouri history

jolebo

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2015
TL;DR; if you don't want to see the potential arguments that comes from this thread, no need to keep reading this thread. We know the tensions of this situation. For those posting, try not to go completely overboard with your insults.

Today at school is wear a college shirt day. I chose one of my brother's KU polos that he never wore and gave to me. I decided to be different than the rest of the Aggies at my school.

I have morning cafeteria duty and one of the Math teachers entered the cafeteria. He looked at me and said "Oh no, why do you have that shirt on?" He was wearing an Arkansas basketball polo. I said that I get it because of the general connection with Kansas. He said "This shirt ain't nothin'. I'm from Missouri." The counselor immediately walked away from us to play poker with a group of boys; yes, a boy brought his case to school. The math teacher's wife is the school nurse; she brought him some breakfast, saw my shirt, and said ""have fun listening to him, for he's all yours." She laughed as she walked away.

He's a cool guy but proceeded to give me a 20 minute history lesson as I was fixing my breakfast and watching children. I've read y'alls point of view but now, he got me interested in reading up on the history of Kansas and Missouri this summer.

Any reading suggestions for me to go through these next few months and more?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News