ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update KANSAS EXTENDS SCHOLARSHIP OFFER TO 2022 BIG MAN JAXON KOHLER

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
On July 7, Kansas extended a scholarship offer to Jaxon Kohler, the 6-foot-10, 210-pound center from American Fork (UT) High School. Shortly thereafter, I caught up with Kohler, the No. 95 ranked player in the 2022 class, to get his reaction. Having just arrived in North Augusta, S.C., for the start of the Peach Jam, Kohler was more than willing to spend a few minutes talking about his scholarship offer from Kansas. In all, he's received scholarship offers from Kansas, BYU, California, Grand Canyon, Oklahoma, Saint Mary's, San Diego, Southern Utah, Texas Tech, Utah, and Utah State. Kohler is also receiving serious interest from the likes of Air Force, Butler, Gonzaga, Iowa, Mississippi, New Mexico, USC, and Washington.

During my time with Kohler, who told me he recently measured out at 6-foot-10, he spoke to me specifically about his scholarship offer from Kansas and how it all went down.

"The offer was great," said Jaxon Kohler. "He (Coach Townsend) said he first saw me at the First Section 7 event and he was very interested, but still wanted to see me play more to be sure offering me. When I went to Ohio with my club team, I think that sealed the deal. After a couple of days of trying to reach each other, Coach Townsend finally offered and it was great. Yeah, I would love to take a visit to Kansas. Once Peach Jam is over, I'll talk to them about taking a visit.

"We kind of talked a little bit about it, but nothing has been planned or scheduled," he added.

Reactions: Jhawk24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News