ADVERTISEMENT

Just my opinion.

JayStew

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 3, 2007
Wichita, KS
I’ve been a die hard KU Basketball fan since the 1974 National Championship. I’m tired of today’s basketball environment. For every player who thinks they should enter the draft, or test the waters, I can think of dozens and dozens of players over the past 40 years who were better players.

Sherron Collins is one of my all-time favorite Jayhawks. Over the past 8-9 seasons, not many could sniff his jock. Of course, Mason and Graham are close, but the common denominator among those three, is they all played 3-4 years of college basketball.

I see threads concerning whether Dok will announce. Are you kidding me? How many games has he played? People talk about getting your money while you can, but give me a freaking break! Mark Randall shot a high percentage throughout his college career, but at least he played until his Senior Season!

Sorry for the rant. I could go longer, but I decided not. To think a player of the ability of Ron Kellogg couldn’t sustain a NBA career, but Grimes thinks he can, is offensive to me. Cedric Hunter was one of the best Point Guards to wear the Crimson and Blue. He played 4 years. There are so many great basketball players, in my lifetime, who were better than many of the players the last 10 years who have left early; tested the waters. I would just appreciate some accountability, some honesty. It pisses me off these kids come to KU and appear to have no desire to improve, become part of the KU community, and be honest with themselves concerning their abilities.

Anyway, that’s my two cents. I long for a day when KU had players who wanted to be here and I can remember after they leave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News