ADVERTISEMENT

Just heard from Jalen Wilson today at AFH

connerbecker

Preferred walk on
Aug 5, 2021
Lawrence, Kansas
Jalen Wilson met with the media Tuesday afternoon at Allen Fieldhouse.

Wilson said his decision to return was heavily influenced by the feedback he received during the NBA Draft process. He came away from workouts with the Spurs, Knicks, Nets, and Bucks with decent reviews, but said his shot needed to be addressed in order to position himself better in the draft.

"My numbers last year weren't that good," Wilson said. "Especially, from the three-point line. They were all for the defensive rebound, stuff like that is really just shooting so (I'm focusing) on that all summer. And I went to these workouts and showed them and they saw that's why the decision took so long because it was I was getting good feedback. But you know, at the end of the day, I knew what was best."

Another major factor for Wilson was having a "complete year" of basketball under his belt before taking on the draft. He said it's important to him to play a full season and take the opportunity at hand before making a major decision regarding his professional career.

"I feel like starting off the year so slow last year, kind of hindered some things so just being able to get off to a good start," Wilson said.

"I'm so used to adversity," he added. "As y'all have seen throughout these last three years. Nothing's really just been handed to me. I knew that I was going to have to go and earn that, even with winning the championship. I knew that I was still going to be overlooked and I thought that was the best thing for me it was getting out to showcase how hard I've been working on my shooting."

Wilson also looked visibly happy throughout the media availability, a refreshing sign for the returning redshirt junior.

I'll have more, including full audio of Wilson's availability out shortly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News