ADVERTISEMENT

Israel's Ethnic Cleansing

nick77

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2003
Chicago
www.richardsimmons.com
Saturday marked the 73rd anniversary of the founding of the state of Israel (AKA Nakba) in which 800,000+ indigenous natives were uprooted and their society was swiftly crushed. Over 530 villages were destroyed.

The Jewish population in the area was about 6% at the time. There was the Deir Yassin massacre where far-right Zionist paramilitary forces attacked a village and slaughtered 107 people including women and children. This was a more notable instance of the 530 or so villages that were attacked. The terrorists' method of attack was to spray each house with machine gun fire; many survivors were rounded up and executed.

Women were raped, and many corpses were desecrated and mutilated. There are several horrific accounts of what happened.

Palestinian urban centers were assaulted next and only a few villages remained free. By the end of 1948 Ben Gurion's plan (the 1st PM of Israel) had succeeded and the Zionists had captured roughly 80% of the land area.

The events described above are greatly detailed in a book The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine” by Ilan Pappé and while it has its critics (just like Howard Zinn's work) these are limited to interpretations. This has been peer reviewed and nothing has been deemed false. You can do your own research on a book of this scope and nature before deciding to read it.

A couple notes for people like @Nipro and @bjabrad whom are grossly misinformed or greatly confused as evidenced by their past posts on this subject:

1. Zionism is not anti-Semitism. educate yourself on exactly what each are and be prepared to discuss them in great detail or you will always look like a god damned idiot if you try to equate the two.
2. Zionism was a very controversial movement within Jewish leadership from the very beginning.
3. To this day, Israel is firing rockets into Palestinian civilian areas with children and babies getting blown into bits.
4. The UN has condemned Israel and recognized it for what it is: Apartheid.
5. Yes, it is true that a militant organization is firing back. If someone were to continually take your land and execute your family, would you consider fighting back? I don't condone any of the violence but I believe that if Palestine was released from its open-air prison and left alone and reparations were made, this would all stop. Hamas has quite alarmed the Jewish state with their seemingly newfound ability to fire more rockets at once and at greater distances. But it's almost like, if you stop bullying someone maybe they'll stop fighting back.

I am Ashkenazi Jewish. My family and I recognize the atrocities and ethnic cleansing by the ultra-right leadership of the Jewish state of Israel. We believe in a two state system without the continual aggression and theft of land that is ongoing today.

One last thing: if you're looking up the history of political parties in Israel (or anywhere else) just know that "Liberal" and "liberalism" anywhere outside of the US is quite different. European Liberalism is quite the opposite of what it is here. The term was changed here in America. You will also find that some (like the Labour parties) believe that true Zionism isn't like what America did to the Native Americans but rather equality, corruption-free justice, and a true democracy and that ethnic cleansing, apartheid, hate crimes, and bigotry is neither true Zionism nor Jewish.

We would love to see an Israel without an ultra-right party in leadership. Just like I wouldn't like an ultra-right party in power in the US.

For someone like @Nipro that just assumed if you're Jewish you have to be 100% on board with everything regardless of war criminal status or you're a self-loathing Jew, I just hope they don't try to discuss these things at cocktail parties in order to save themselves a great deal of embarrassment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News