Recruiting Update GARY TRENT, JR.

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Hey all,

I just wanted to take a little time to provide you with a quick update on Gary Trent, Jr., the 6-foot-4, 180-pound shooting guard from Apple Valley (MN) High School. Currently, Trent, Jr., is ranked No. 45 in the 2017 class, but I expect him to make a big jump up in the rankings following an absolutely sensational spring and summer on the AAU Circuit.

Trent, Jr., who spends the spring and summer running with Howard Pulley (MN), leads the EYBL in scoring (22.1), total points scored (375), and field goals made (123). He ranks third in field goals attempted (270), third in three pointers made (55), three pointers attempted (139), 13th in free-throws made (70), 13th in steals per game (2.0), and 7th in total steals (34).

Trent, Jr., because of his performance on the hardwood, has emerged as one of the most heavily recruited prospects in the 2017 class. At this stage, he's received serious interest from the likes of Alabama, Arizona, Duke, Florida State, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Providence, Purdue, Texas Tech, Wisconsin, Xavier and others.

Recently, I exchanged a few text messages with Trent, Jr., and he informed me that he's received a scholarship offer from Bill Self and the University of Kansas and he's seriously interested.

Trent, Jr., told me that he's loves Kansas and is serious about the program because of its rich history and because of the coaching staff. Obviously, being in the 2017 class, Trent, Jr., is in the early stages of his recruitment.

However, at this time, Kansas has made an early impression on Gary Trent, Jr.

Reactions: Scudstock15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News