ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thoughts vs Illinois

JustMax93

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2021
What a game. Top to bottom I think this was the best performance by a KU football team that I can remember since the Mangino era.

Defense looks legit. Booker is an animal. Secondary is suffocating. Leadership is outstanding. Everyone plays as one unit, they play physical, and they play so smart. Outside of that one fluke run, we were outstanding on Defense.

Offense was unreal in the first half. Honestly we were amazing in the second half too, we just did Illinois plenty of favors and there was unreal bullshit calls that threw off the rhythm and momentum of the game.

But JD is that guy. Noticeable attitude difference when he is out there. So much confidence, so much swagger, so much talent. I love this guy. He’s the best Kansas player since Todd. The team just plays out of their mind for JD.

WRs are so good man. They’re physical, they block well, they go up for everything and don’t shy away from contact, and they all have so much chemistry you can tell. I didn’t know what to expect from WRs outside of Grimm this year and man have they all been so impressive.

RBs are the best in the Big 12. Nothing else to say. Arguably best in the country. Devin Neal and Hishaw are such a powerful combo. Teams can’t keep up with them. And the offensive line does an incredible job opening up space for them.

Leadership on this team, top to bottom, is so evident. Lance has always talked about a player led program. And that just always felt like just coach speak. I did not expect to actually see with my own eyes what that means. It’s clear to me now. This team is so tight, they’ll go the extra yard for every one of their teammates.

Uniforms were clean as hell. Loved them.

Bad:

Let our foot off the gas a bit but a lot of it wasn’t our fault. Turnovers in bad times still popping up. Should’ve been 35-0. We almost lost that other fumble on the first or second drive. But the INT wasn’t terrible. Seems like a ball a QB would throw every time. It was one on one and you have your guy going up for it. Illinois just made a good play. But I would never tell JD not to throw that pass personally.

10/10. Happy as hell. Can’t believe this is all becoming real. We are a real program again. And we are just getting started. Rock Chalk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.