ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Movie and Drink Thread

JustMax93

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2021
Thought I would try something new here and see if anyone gets anything out of it.

Most of my Friday nights are reserved for my fiance and I to settle in and catch up on any new shows and movies. I had suggestions for you all, and hopefully, you will post your suggestions in response, etc.

Drink of Choice Tonight: Dark and Stormy. Citrusy, with some bite, and enough liquor to put me to sleep before midnight.

Movies:
-Stillwater starring Jason Bourne himself, Matt Damon. A bit of a thriller. A bit of a mystery. A bit of a drama. And Matt's best role in years. Perfect Friday night movie.

-Venom: Let Their Be Carnage starring Woody Harrelson and Tom Hardy. If you hated the first one, you won't like this. If you like the first one, you'll like this more. If you are done with superhero movies, this is definitely not the move.

-The Vast Of Night starring a bunch of no names. But it is a period piece set in the 50's small-town USA where strange Alien occurrences seemingly are happening. It isn't scary, it is just a slow burn but it holds your attention all the way through. The perfect way to kick off the season.

Shows:
-Ted Lasso starring Jayhawk Jason Sudeikis. If you haven't seen this yet, believe the hype. It is very good. Very wholesome, funny, and this season has been way more dramatic but it is effective. Been crying every episode lately. Worth the price of admission to Apple TV on its own.

-Sex Education starring Asa Butterfield. Just started this show a couple of weeks ago and am almost done with it. It is a great, great show. It is super raunchy. Maybe the most raunchy show I have ever seen. But it has a ton of heart and characters you care about. But again: it is raunchy. So don't watch with the kids. Why the hell would you watch a show titled Sex Education with the kids anyway?

-Only Murders in the Building starring Steve Martin and Martin Short. Nothing else to say other than it is great.

Throwback Selection:

-Scream 1-4 directed by Wes Craven. Maybe my favorite horror franchise of all time. It is funny but somewhat serious. Some genuinely effective scares. Loveable characters. If you never watched this through the 90's into the 2000's: you should now that it is Halloween time. And it is a great entry point for non-horror lovers. Give it a shot.

Alright, that's it. Hope you enjoyed it. Or not. Smash that like button.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News