ADVERTISEMENT

Fired up about our future

Downtownmicahbrown

Redshirt freshman
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2010
Got an email from Goff that he sent out to all the football letter winners (assuming K Club has your updated email) inviting us to a private zoom meeting to discuss attributes we want to see in our next HC.

This is HUGE!

That small gesture goes a long ways and shows that this is a different AD than we have had in the past. No more fake "football guys" who are looking for credit for "saving the program" by bringing in "their guy", Goff is showing he wants to listen to the people that built the program and compare with options that experts (search committee) suggest. Love it!

Can't lose with Leipold or Monken IMO. Great proven winners. Would love to see Kane back as a DC/Associate HC as the HC in waiting.

Don't know why Monken's offense scares so many people. Even if he did run triple option - I'd be down. Shoot we've barely thrown a spiral since Todd left and with a 1 Mississippi OL it might be the best thing we could do to force teams to prepare for us. If you look at the guys we've had since 2010, our RBs have been our best group by far. If you look at the guys we have right NOW, we have super athletic QBs (just got faster with that North TX kid) and good RBs. I think if Monken would run an offense similar to Coastal Carolina - true RPO (not an "I wrote a book but only run three plays" offense) and allows us to have an easier transition from what we already have in place.

Everyone talks about recruiting as being super important. To a degree I agree, but if I'm looking for a coach I'm looking at who is able to recruit big men. Literally anyone on the planet can recruit skill players. We need someone who has found and developed solid OL and DL players. MORE IMPORTANTLY we need a CEO coach who can help DEVELOP the talent we HAVE and who can formulate a game plan around them. That might mean changing the offense year 2 of 3 or asking players to change positions ... but it seems like the biggest thing we have lacked is a coach that can be realistic about our strengths and weaknesses and a vision to put our best athletes on the field AT ALL TIMES. If we don't have a QB we can't run air raid. If we don't have DBs that can cover we can't run as much man. Mangino had to make this adjustment when we brought in Coach W and went to a hurry up offense. We did that because he saw that Todd and our WR group were our strongest offensive weapons after Cornish left. Our defense was legit, we just couldn't score. I haven't seen a two way player (Gordan, Talib) or a real position change (McDougald, Reid, Bronsen, Hawkinson, Collins, Thornton, Meier) since Mangino left. You have a roster of 80 some D1 athletes, some guys may need to find their hand in the dirt.

In summary - just pay Chris Dawson 1 million a year to come back and we will be fine no matter who we hire lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News