ADVERTISEMENT

Faulty Memories

Kbone

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
De Soto
I think some people are forgetting how bad the "bad" years were prior to HCLLs arrival.

Yes, we are 1-3, but we have had leads in the 4th in all three losses. We have a good team that is underperforming. I understand that is a problem in itself that must be addressed, but it is a much smaller problem than being down two scores halfway through the first quarter, and it only getting worse as the game goes on. Which is what we experienced for 10+ years. This year we went on the road to WVU and B1G Illinois and expected wins. We played toe to toe, it could even be argued we out played those opponents, however we fell short due to self inflicted wounds.

If feels like things are worse now because we have expectations, we have seen success, and we know we have a team that could/should win these games.

In the past we went into the FCS game hoping we could find a way to win, a couple times we didn't, and most of the time we had to fight tooth and nail to squeak out a win. The rest of the FBS games we went in expecting to lose and just hoped it wouldn't be too embarrassing. We lost 56 consecutive road games prior to HCLLs arrival. Mangino was the HC the last time we won a road game in 2008. Thirteen year drought.

Some say "We are losing games, and that is unacceptable," we have seen unacceptable, but this is not it. People say they are not going to go watch "this team," they want to make a point to the AD, the coaches, the team, or their time is just too valuable to risk watching another loss. Well, this is likely the best AD and best HFBC in the history of KU. We run these guys off and I am about 99% sure the next crew will be worse.

Despite this rough start, this is still the best football situation possibly ever at KU. Yes, we have had a couple of peak seasons, like the Orange Bowl, but never sustained success. This team could still find six wins and go to three consecutive bowls for the first time in program history. We are building a new stadium, just upgraded other facilities, this is the time to double down, not fold as fans.

Suck it up, buttercup, it could be monumentally worse than what we have experienced early this season, and if you are truly a KU football fan you should know exactly how much worse.

We have guys being considered for the Heisman, people picking us to win the conference, we have been beating out legit P5 programs for recruits as opposed to losing recruiting battles to Fresno State, UTSA, and Tulane. I get the disappoint with the last three games, but this is a good program that had a bad start.

This is not the time to quit, get your asses in Arrowhead this weekend. Recruits will be on hand wanting to see why they should consider KU, shitty fans normally isn't much of a selling point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.