ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN

JayStew

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 3, 2007
Wichita, KS
So I am reading ESPN headlines this morning and come across the title Adrian Peterson's son in critical condition due to assault. I click the headline and the story merely says Adrian Peterson's son was assaulted in South Dakota and the suspect is in custody. I find out the information originated at TMZ. I go to TMZ and they state the same facts. I copy and paste the story headline and paste it on Google Search, where there are multiple websites who report the same thing. It wasn't until I come across an Associated Press article, in which "they" state TMZ had not reported the full story, do I find out the man who had badly beaten AP's son was the boyfriend of the baby's mother.

This sensationalism has to stop. If a news site doesn't have all the information, mention it in the story. Say further information is pending. In addition to the initial story reported by TMZ, they said the child was Adrian Peterson Jr. and this was not correct either.

I know TMZ is a "National Enquirer" type outlet, but why would ESPN run the story, the main headline of the website, without seeking or confirming all the facts of the story?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News