ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Slams our game: Tim Tebow says he wants to play full-time QB today for KU and Rutgers

vighawk

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jun 22, 2001
On Sports Center out of the clear blue, talking about some other game, they ask Tebow how many TD's he would throw for in the KU - Rutgers game. He Asked which team is he quarterbacking for and then asked (laughing hard) if he could be full time QB for both teams. Totally odd and random.

And now they're prediction expert said it's the biggest garbage game ever on the she and nobody will be watching it but he will take Kansas.

Damn, I hate being the joke of college football.

With CMU and Northern Illinois (both 0-2) facing each other, its probably not the worst game today. And I'll bet people are totally fired up to watch UTSA go to Manhattan as well.

We are an easy target, we have the power to change that

For those who are always crying about how mean the LJW is maybe you’ll realize it doesn’t have an impact on the program now.

Tim Tebow talking about us on ESPN’s Game Day will definitely have an impact.

Heisman winner vs a local beat writer
National broadcast vs a semi-Regional paper
Not everyone watches gameday, just like everyone doesn't read the local sports blurb. Besides the local sports blurb is supposed to know a lot more about the team than some hack Heisman winner, who never made it in the pros.

Keegan probably knows every starter for KU....and has met them. Tebow probably couldn't name one player on the team. Maybe Pooka, but I doubt it.

The point being. Wtf does Tebow, or any other ESPN hack know about KUFB, anyway?

Reactions: jakjos
Not everyone watches gameday, just like everyone doesn't read the local sports blurb. Besides the local sports blurb is supposed to know a lot more about the team than some hack Heisman winner, who never made it in the pros.

Keegan probably knows every starter for KU....and has met them. Tebow probably couldn't name one player on the team. Maybe Pooka, but I doubt it.

The point being. Wtf does Tebow, or any other ESPN hack know about KUFB, anyway?

What does Keegan, this board (self included), Espn, or talk radio anybody know about KU football? It’s an opinion and like this board a place to voice it. Keep throwning sh!t on a wall.

What does Keegan, this board (self included), Espn, or talk radio anybody know about KU football? It’s an opinion and like this board a place to voice it. Keep throwning sh!t on a wall.
Wait. You just contradicted yourself. It's my opinion and you disagree. Stop making accusations which make no sense and agree to disagree.

Tebow was an all time great college QB. Now....he's a very popular, likable, good guy....and one of the worst CFB analyst of all time. Just one guys opinion.

Reactions: JhawknZona
FVCK tebow. He has no idea what he is talking about. Never has never will. He is his own puppet

Tebow wouldn't throw for many TD's(as seen by so many teams passing on him in the NFL!!).
Dude could run, but was basically a fullback playing QB.

I hate his voice but for some reason he is growing on me.
I presume its his enthusiasm. He clearly loves KU.

Not me. I had to go to my daughters baseball game in the 4th quarter so I listened during the drive and it was painful.just a horrible voice for it and not a good play by play description at all. Monotone and dull. I was flipping back to hear the NU game and Greg Sharpe puts Hanni to shame.

On the positive side for Hanni, I think he is good on interviews. He does a nice job on Petros show every week.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD_Jayhawk
I know everybody hates Missouri, but I always thought their radio guy is pretty good. By the way, I drive back to Salina after the games and radio reception is horrible from Topeka to Junction City. I finally got Sirius and enjoyed some football on the way home.

Not as embarrassing as listening to Brian Hanni call play by play on the radio.
With these old Reesing clips that have been floating around this week, it made you realize how much better Bob Davis was compared to Hanni. He’s insufferable.

Hanni kept saying “The Pooka Bazooka” in the broadcast yesterday which is more cheesy than his voice.

Not as embarrassing as listening to Brian Hanni call play by play on the radio.
With these old Reesing clips that have been floating around this week, it made you realize how much better Bob Davis was compared to Hanni. He’s insufferable.

Hanni kept saying “The Pooka Bazooka” in the broadcast yesterday which is more cheesy than his voice.
Jesus...

Tebow was a hell of a college QB. I’d welcome him in a KU uniform.

You may want to go back and look at the talent that was surrounding him. If he were playing on our team we'd be talking about benching him.

You may want to go back and look at the talent that was surrounding him. If he were playing on our team we'd be talking about benching him.
No, because the people bitching want a tough leader who's not afraid to grind it out himself. That's Tebow. Much as I can't stand him, I recognize his abilities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT