ADVERTISEMENT

CPAC

RMHawk

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2001
Sioux Falls, SD
I followed their meeting this year. Actually do this every year. Noticeably lower attendance than previous years. This year’s would be authoritarian hero was Bolsanaro of Brazil. You may remember last year’s was Hungary’s actual dictator Orban.

Sifting thru all the speeches and themes, those listed below stick out.
1) Trump is still the hero for this group. He is going to build “Patriots Cities” - his words not mine.
2) Trump made no secret that his campaign is one seeking retribution - his word, not mine - from a catalog of enemies that included anyone he is currently mad at, federal bureaucrats that will be fired - his words, not mine, Fox News, and Drag Queen performers. You just can’t make this stuff up.
3) Biggest applause came from attacks on the Drag Queens and LGPTQ.
4) Another big theme - isolationism as foreign policy, including abandoning Ukraine.

Biggest logic amusement for me was watching those bashing Drag Queens as a threat to our children, also promoting a firearm in every hand and seeking repeal of red flag laws. Footnote: the biggest killer of children in America is not disease or accidents, it is firearms - look it up yourself if you don’t believe me.

Final comment - the big money people have pretty much abandoned CPAC and Trump. That is why DeSantis wasn’t there. He was busy meeting with Club for Growth billionaires.

• Wow
Reactions: nick77 and Eriehawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News