ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic Counseling - Lawrence/Olathe

lethalweapons1

Preferred walk on
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2010
I have a high school son who is struggling with anxiety/depression. I struggled with it as well and didn't realize it until my mid-30's when I had a horrendous boss. I was able to see an excellent counselor (now retired) who helped me develop coping mechanisms that allow me to effectively deal with A&D when it inevitably comes up. We have had my son seeing a counselor for 2-3 years (ongoing) but he still seems to have a mental meltdown every few months. However, I don't think his current counselor has done a great job of teaching him the coping mechanisms that I learned and my wife and I are wanting to try someone else. Frankly he needs to get much tougher mentally but we have to be very careful with him because we are concerned that he may try to hurt himself based on some past blowups. I'm wondering if someone has a recommendation for a counselor in Lawrence or Olathe (we live 25-30 minutes from both) that has a really good reputation of helping teenagers (both HS and college kids) learn coping mechanisms and develop mental toughness for people that struggle with A&D. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News