Breaking News Commitment Breakdown: Kene Anene picks KU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Quick Thoughts: I have always said offensive line recruiting is different than any other position. It is the one position you can develop players and mold them into a group of five players.

That’s one thing Scott Fuchs is really good at doing. He knows what he is looking for and what kind of player he can develop. And that’s what he saw in Kene Anene.

Jim Zebrowski recruits Minnesota and first saw him. He took his film back to Fuchs who was immediately interested. Fuchs went to the high school and watched him work and evaluate him. He started keeping in touch with him and it picked up more when Fuchs watched him at the River Falls Mega Camp.

Fuchs watched him for a while and offered fast after the camp.

Anene told me the thing that sold him on KU was the feel from the community of coaches and players. Mike Ford was his host and he got along with the players.

Breakdown: Anene was right at 6-foot-5, 268 pounds on his visit. He has an 84-inch wing span and fits the mold of a player with a frame Fuchs can develop.

He plays right tackle but he told me he can play anywhere on the line. He said Fuchs liked his athleticism.

What it means: They are going to take three high school OL. Two are off the board. They will wait on Abajian and see if Luvrasky will visit this week from Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News