ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News Commitment Breakdown: Jacoby Davis picks KU

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Quick Take: I have been saying for a couple months the staff was fading away from high school recruiting. And I used Brian Dilworth as an example of a recruit is the only way they would target a late prospect.

Last year the staff got Dilworth late after he was committed to Auburn and was available. The same goes for Jacoby Davis.

The only difference is Jordan Peterson recruited Davis for a long time. Peterson is from the area and has connections to North Shore. In the beginning it looked like Peterson wasn’t going to be able to get him. With several big-time offers he was taking his recruiting slow.

Then some schools filled up, a few backed out, and he wasn’t able to take visits in December since North Shore played through the visiting period and made it to the state title.

Breakdown: This is a big get and one of my favorite football players in the class. The word I got is Will Muschamp offered at Georgia but when he saw in person thought he was just under the height they want their corners.

Davis is 5-foot-9 but he can play. He has really good cover skills, can flip his hips, and is really good in recovering.

He is also physical and will come up and make plays. North Shore is one of the top high school programs in the nation and it will be a good program to have relationships with.

What this means: This shuts the door on corners and high school recruiting. The only guys they would take here on out I believe will be PWO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News