ADVERTISEMENT

Big12 Officiating 2022

Hawkish2018

Sophomore
May 29, 2018
Vancouver, Washington
Seems like the league is going more to a let em play officiating that is allowing much more contact. The one play comes to mind where Grimm got one hand on the ball the announcer even says "if he could have got both hands on the ball" and of course he couldn't because it was being held. I counted three instances in each of our first three drives against tcu. I watched the TCU/OSU game and thought TCU just had a better holding technique and that would be the edge.

If we're going to be more like the NFL then I suppose it can have some benefits but then I feel like we are getting to more arbitrary officiating, and that scares me what with all the sports gambling going on. The two no calls at the end of the tcu game still hurt. The horse collar was with the woman ref on the TCU sideline. Not that that would make a difference. Although I was really surprised to see Sonny really lose it yesterday and not get a flag.

Let me know what you all think. Are we letting it get too physical on PI? Have holding calls become a joke?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News