ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 DMN Article

ArlingtonHawk

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2001
Good articles on the Big 12 in Dallas Morning News today. Also a pretty good one up on LJW. As has been discussed Big 12 teams making big money especially OU, UT, KU, and WVU.

Side article in DMN essentially saying it is in OU's best interest by far to remain in the Big 12. Essentially said it was their best path to national championships. Pointed out how NU and A&M have not sniffed any sort of real success since they exited the league as they finish in the middle of the pack in their leagues.

Also Boren now falling all over himself saying how great the Big 12 is, and Bowlsby saying financial and league stability has been achieved. Article said UT, OU, KU, and WVU making over $40MM a year. Payouts will go up again next year with the title game coming in. Said UT wasn't going anywhere with their big payday every year from ESPN.

I am not saying the Big 12 will survive, but I believe it has a really good chance, probably a better chance than the ACC. Does anyone know if ACC teams get third tier rights? Boy I would think that third tier money would be interesting to FSU and Clemson.

As for KU, get the stadium done and football improving, and I think we will be fine regardless with KC market, KU academics, KU basketball. We just have to be ready IF things get hairy in 2023 when Big 10 contract expires. I think the Big 12 will try to be proactive this time around as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News