ADVERTISEMENT

Back from WVU

fathawk

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2003
Flew out to the game. When we scored our last TD I thought we had the game.

Rain delay sucked for all involved. Kansas and WV fans did not show back up after it was over. I was hoping this would help us with literally no students in their section. Watching from the stands something is definitely off. Confusion who is in and out. Some DB’s looked confused before the play was snapped and they got us.

WV Fans and tailgating atmosphere was great. I have never seen so many rv/campers in one area. Stadium was average and with the noon start plus team records probably hampered the attendance and environment. Really wish we had more parking area around our stadium. It looks pretty impressive when everyone is around the stadium. Their Fans are glad they are in the Big 12, but hate the travel. Sounds like ACC was the hope of landing back in the day.

Watched a couple KU fans get into a verbal argument right before half. One fan was dropping the F Bomb like crazy and was called out on it. Kids were in the area. Settled down after half time.

Beers were reasonable. Night life seemed pretty dull from our adventure out. I am sure we were not at the right spots.

Trip itself was good and everything but the last 5 minutes of the game were great. I love going to an away game a year. Its fun and the fans have alway been great.

I saw players parents around. I will say there was not as many in attendance as normal for an away game. Might have been a distance thing. Not sure if it was Marshall parents walking around, someone was in attendance with his number.

I like Coach LL working the refs, but sometimes I think it might backfire on him. He rides them hard at times. It might wear on them.

We still can win the Big12 wish is crazy. If we OSU this thing the rest of the year you never know. Rock Chalk!!

Reactions: 66044
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.