ADVERTISEMENT

Another Grape Story

BintoFoShinto

Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2021
So this was the year we, under Les Miles, played K-State at home in 2019. I was optimistic that day. Expecting a competitive game, I went up with several of my friends. My first mistake was going up with a majority of purples.

We tailgated. That was fun. There was great energy that day, and if you remember, it was pretty much a sellout.

We enter the stadium, get our seats, and begin to take in the vibe.

Well things went south fast. Nowhere, from start to finish, was this a competitive game. It was getting clear fast that Les' boys didn't have the necessary means to beat the old man.

Skylar Thompson is pummeling us. And throughout the entire game, my friend Courtney, who is sitting behind me, kept shouting, "Go Skylar! Go Skylar!" the ENTIRE game in a very annoying tone. I hate the name Skylar more than anything. Plus all the grapes around me were so gleeful for their pride and joy, the K-State football team.

So we're, def by the 3rd quarter, not winning this game. The stadium starts emptying. I, like a normal person, am like, "Wanna go?"

The Betzan couple (nerds), in their purple stank, go, "No no! We have to wait until the end to watch our band play their final song."

I actually believed them because it made sense they would do that. It was a MISRABLE second half. The entire stadium is exiting. K-State has all backups in. KU had given up.

Early in the fourth there had to be less than 1,000 people inside still watching. We were those people. Watching a game that had no entertainment value, just so they can hear their band play their stupid endgame song. I was not raised this way. And my kids will be the same way.

So after a looooong second half of suffering, the game ends. Then the K-State band played that essential song they absolutley had to hear. They did this bumpkin EMAW dance that goes along with it. I was finally like, "Can we go?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News