ADVERTISEMENT

American lifestyles

specialk20

Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2012
"Anyone who wishes to do remote work must be in the office for a minimum (and I mean *minimum*) of 40 hours per week or depart Tesla. This is less than we ask of factory workers," Musk wrote, adding that the office must be the employee's primary workplace where the other workers they regularly interact with are based — "not a remote branch office unrelated to the job duties."
Musk said he would personally review any request for exemption from the policy, but that for the most part, "If you don't show up, we will assume you have resigned."

A few things on that, 1 if those office employees are salaried, I would hate to work at a company like that. I've done it and as has my wife, we rarely saw each other. We were miserable. Little more understandable if hourly so they can get overtime.

Factory workers, they ask more of them as hourly workings? What is wrong with America that so many they feel they need to work 60-70 hours a week just to be successful in life.

I find more enjoyment in life spending time with family and friends, yet still having successful career working 40 hours or less. Full Healthcare and 401k. Work life balance is a must.

On business side, why are companies throwing overtime money out like candy? Hire more workers, cut the OT expense out of the budget. Yeah if they provide medical and such you will be paying more overall for more employees, but will make up the difference not paying all the overtime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News