ADVERTISEMENT

Am I crazy or...

Theblakemc

Redshirt freshman
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2013
Look, i don’t post here much but i read this site fairly often. No matter what happens half (or more than half) just complains about literally anything that happens which i get, I’ve watched every game for the past decade plus like you all but...

Am i crazy to have a little faith that the HC we hired that was a sitting head coach knows what he’s doing? In the last 30 years KU has hired two head coaches that were current head coaches before KU (Gill and Mason) one clearly wasn’t meant to be a power 5 head coach and the other is a top 3 or 4 head coach all time for KU. So maybe... hiring a guy who won multiple national titles at a lower level and then was on the rise at a G5 school is the right move. Maybe he knows what he’s doing when it comes to building a program and culture?

The transfers he brought in over the weekend on average have 3 years to play at KU. These players aren’t the Charlie Weis JuCo dream team players. These are guys (minus the VaTech kid) that played for our head coach who has a better idea of their work ethic, skill level and potential than any coach would.

My point here is this:

we have a coach that has the best resume / background we’ve had in decades (hold Les’s ‘history’ at LSU).

he made his name by finding, evaluating and developing talent at programs that have few resources and are more remote than KU.

and finally... we all love KU. We all want KU to be successful. It’s June and we have a new coach. Maybe we should sit back and have a little faith that this guy knows what he’s doing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News