ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Thoughts After going over each team, here are some thoughts on the WV game

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
West Virginia has an experienced OL.

Not sure I have ever seen this before but six of their top grades on the offense is the entire OL.
Milum T- 83.8
Malone T- 79.5
Yates C- 75.6
Rimac G- 72.9
Hubbard G- 71.3

This is the best OL the defense has faced, but that doesn't concern me. I think the DL will be able to match up with most any team on the schedule. The one area that does concern me is pass rush. Dean Miller was quiet against Illinois (although credited with a sack) and UNLV did not play a game suited for his strengths.

Like I said before this is a game the KU linebackers need to play well. West Virginia's offense can get going with a lot of things from a power run game, to QB run and they will take some shots downfield. So, its not a situation where you can key on a specific area.

This is the game Daniels needs to find his groove throwing the ball. I listened to Neal Brown's and the DC press conference and they are not happy with their secondary. They made it sound like they are going to give some new players more snaps.

West Virginia has three corners who have played more than 50 snaps this season and their PFF grades on the season are: 55.4, 54.1 and 52.5. That's not getting the job done. This would be the opportune time to see him get the passing game going because that is the weakness of the defense.

I think both teams are fragile and have under-performed. Both teams are coming off bad losses. WV loss against Pitt might be worse for them than KU's loss against UNLV.

Had someone ask me who I would bet on and I said, "nobody." Not sure why you would want to bet on two teams who you don't know what you are going to get. The thing is, both teams have the potential to play good football. They are both good teams on paper. I have no clue what team is going to show up on either side. They are both hard to predict based off their first three games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.