ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic Actual thoughts on our football team

HoustonHawk13

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2009
If anyone mentions realignment in this thread I’ll have you banned until KU wins the SEC.

Here are a couple thoughts I’ve been having regarding next years defense:

- We have a lot of new faces so It may take 3-4 games but our defense has a chance to be salty. I think we have some dawgs now.

- This may be the first time in a decade that the defensive staff actually has leverage on the players. Guys will have to listen, play hard, and execute to see the field.

- Practice is going to be competitive. Players who aren’t competitors won’t survive now. I think this also helps our offensive development a lot. If you’re on scout team you better have your shit together because these guys aren’t going to take it easy and I think we got some guys that legitimately want to knock people out.

- Missed tackles will not longer be due to fear. We may still miss some but they will be shots not guys closing their eyes and absorbing blows, hoping to hold on.

- I think we have some solid players on the DL but We got to find guys outside of Lonnie Phelps to make some plays behind the line of scrimmage. Getting the offense in predictable situations will help our secondary a ton.

- We should be better on 3rd down. Weve brought in guys with a lot of football experience. Mccaskill, grant, Phelps and Gervin have played a lot of in game situational football and have the athleticism to make the play. Add that to Logan and Miller and we should be better.

- Excited about Burroughs and Berryhill. Both looked confident and instinctive in the spring game. They’ll only improve this fall with the added competition for playing time.

- It’s been mentioned on here but the added depth is really going to help our special teams. I’m hoping we will be able to stop holding our breath every time we punt the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News