ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update A quick note on Dylan Harper, the No. 1 ranked player in the 2024 class

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Dylan Harper, the 6-foot-5, 180-pound shooting guard from Don Bosco Prep in Ramsey, N.J., is down to Auburn, Duke, Indiana, Kansas, and Rutgers. Harper, the No. 1 ranked player in the 2024 class, is believed to be a big Rutgers lean but is still in the process of checking out the school on his list. He's been to Rutgers, Duke, and Indiana, and, from what I've been told, he plans to take more visits before reaching a final decision. It has been made clear that Rutgers is the team to beat for Harper, but until a decision is made, he's become a priority for a number of schools.

Now, I exchanged a few text messages with his coach, I was told that an official visit to Kansas will take place. I actually heard from his coach again yesterday, and he said he'd reach out and let me know when Harper plans to officially visit Kansas. At this stage, I've got no idea if an official visit to Kansas will actually happen, but the coach made it clear to me that Harper plans to visit each of the remaining schools on his list before reaching a final decision.

Most of you have been around long enough to know how this works. If a kid is favoring a particular school and it's been made clear that said school will likely be the pick, that school generally wins out. However, Kansas fans have also seen the flip side of that as well. Kaleb Tarczewski was a heavy Kansas lean. DeAndre Ayton was a heavy Kansas lean. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl was a heavy Kansas lean. Well, Tarczewski ended up at Arizona. Ayton ended up at Arizona. Robinson-Earl ended up at Villanova.

At this stage, I'm guessing that Rutgers will eventually win out for Dylan Harper, but until he officially puts an end to his recruitment, anything is possible. Once I hear back from his coach, I'll let you all know. Right now, the only visit that has been scheduled is Jalil Bethea (8/31/23), but I'm guessing more will be added in the near future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News