ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update A few recruiting tidbits

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
As I first reported last week, I've been told that Dylan Harper, the No. 1 ranked player in the 2024 class, plans to officially visit Kansas. Recently heard back from his coach, who plans to get back with me about the visit date.

Kansas continues to make a strong push for Flory Bidunga, the No. 4 ranked player in the 2024 class. He recently visited Kansas and really enjoyed his time in Lawrence. Going to be a battle, but the Jayhawks are in the fight.

I was recently told that Asa Newell plans to narrow his list of schools down to five and will take official visits to those five schools. To me, it sounded like Kansas will be included in that final list of five schools and a visit will take place. However, I'm still making some calls and hope to have more on the No. 9 ranked player in the 2024 class.

Jalil Bethea is scheduled to officially visit Kansas beginning on August 31. Kansas has invested a ton of time recruiting the No. 15 ranked player in the class and, from what I've been told numerous times, he's very interested. This is one to watch for sure.

Stephen Emmanuel told me that he plans to take an official visit to Kansas in September. The four-star big man from Dream City Christian in Glendale, Ariz., just made his debut in the Rivals150 and schools are beginning to take notice. Coach Townsend extended a scholarship offer to Emmanuel and, from what I've gathered, he's quite interested.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News