ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update 2022 UPDATED RANKINGS: PROSPECTS TO WATCH

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com

Obviously, Gradey Dick is already committed to Kansas and is expected to have a big summer. He's also AAU teammates with five-star small forward Mark Mitchell from Bishop Miege High School in Roeland Park, Kan.

I recently exchanged a few text messages with Chris Livingston, the No. 4 ranked player in the 2022 class. Kansas recently extended a scholarship offer and he's interested, but this one is going to be a dogfight. Every school in America is going to want this kid, and playing professionally is also an option.

Down to Kansas, Baylor, Kentucky, Oklahoma State, and Texas, Keyonte George is the second-best shooting guard in the 2022 class. Kansas has spent a ton of time recruiting the five-star stud from Texas, and I'm guessing the next step in his recruitment is to begin taking visits.

Mark Mitchell, the No. 8 ranked player in the 2022 class, has already scheduled a number of visits. The 6-foot-7, 190-pound small forward from Bishop Miege High School in Roeland Park, Kan., will visit Kansas on June 16 and he'll be on hand for Late Night in the Phog. I know that Kansas has made it known where Mitchell stands on the priority list and having Gradey Dick in his ear will only help KU in its recruitment of Mitchell.

I know that Kansas really likes Shaedon Sharpe, the No. 11 ranked player in the 2022 class. Until I hear otherwise, it sounds like Kentucky might be the team to beat for the elite point guard.

Another player to get a read on is five-star PF Sadraque Nganga from Compass Prep in Phoenix, Ariz. I know that he recently cut his list of schools down to 11, and Kansas made the cut, but gathering any additional information has been difficult. I've made a few calls this morning, so I hope to hear something soon.

Jazian Gortman made a big jump in the rankings and is becoming a hot commodity. Gortman, the 6-foot-1, 155-pound point guard from Keenan High School in Columbia, S.C., is now the second-best floor general in the 2022 class. I received a text message from Gortman last night, so I hope to have some type of update on the elite point guard today/this weekend.

Kijani Wright, the 6-foot-8, 220-pound power forward from Windward High School in Los Angeles, Calif., is down to Kansas, Arkansas, Texas, Michigan State, USC, Florida State, and Stanford. Coach Townsend has been all over Wright, the No. 17 ranked player in the 2022 class. I would be somewhat surprised if a visit doesn't take place in the future.

This is another recruitment that is somewhat difficult to read. I know that five-star small forward Julian Phillips recently said that Kansas is one of the schools that is currently recruiting him the hardest but didn't provide much information beyond that. I've reached out to Phillips, so I'll let you all know what I hear.

Arterio Morris is down to Kansas, Florida, Georgia, Oregon, and Texas. The No. 25 ranked player in the class is very interested in Kansas and I'd be shocked if a visit doesn't take place.

M.J. Rice, the 6-foot-5, 200-pound small forward from Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Va., is currently in the process of scheduling a number of visits, including one to Kansas. I hear that North Carolina State could be tough to beat, and playing professionally is also on the table.

Kansas continues to make a push for Jalen Hood-Schifino. Since backing out of his commitment to Pittsburgh, Hood-Schifino has emerged as one of the most heavily recruited prospects in the class. Nothing has been set yet, but I'm guessing a visit date will eventually be locked in for the No. 32 ranked player in the class.

Reactions: jeffrospn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News