ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update With Flory Bidunga in the fold, what's next for Kansas?

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
On Saturday night, Flory Bidunga, the 6-foot-9, 220-pound center from Kokomo (IN) High School verbally committed to Bill Self and Kansas. With Bidunga, the No. 5 ranked player in the 2024 class on board, what might happen next for Kansas in terms of building its 2024 class?

For me, I think the top priority on the board is Jalil Bethea, the 6-foot-4, 175-pound point guard from Archbishop Wood Catholic in Warminster, Pa. Bethea, the No. 16 ranked player in the 2024 class, has a ton of schools chasing him, as he’s currently listed as the No. 2 point guard in the entire class.

Currently, Bethea has already visited Temple, Syracuse, Rutgers, and Penn State. He’s scheduled to officially visit Kansas beginning on August 31.

From what I’ve been told, some other programs might currently be ahead of Kansas, but I was also told that Kansas is one of the schools to watch here and might be the “dark horse” in this recruitment.

I know that Kansas just landed the top big man in the class, and it's top priority in the 2024 class, but don’t be surprised if Self and his staff decided to sign a second big man.

Derik Queen, the No. 20 ranked player in the class, Patrick Ngongba, the No. 33 ranked player in the class, and Emmanuel Stephen, the No. 118 ranked player in the class, have all made it clear that a visit to Kansas will take place.

At this time, only Stephen has scheduled an official visit (9/5/23) to Kansas. I was told that Queen plans to visit Kansas in September. I’m not sure that I see it happening, but a class of Bidunga would be amazing for this staff.

There are a few guys in the class that haven’t been talked about much that are scheduled to visit Kansas in September and October. Jared Harris, the 6-foot-4, 170-pound shooting guard from Silsbee (TX High School is scheduled to visit Kansas beginning on September 1.

Billy Richmond, the 6-foot-6, 210-pound small forward from Camden (NJ) High School is scheduled to visit Kansas beginning on October 6.

I think the coaching staff is in a position to have a monster 2024 class. Landing Bidunga this early was huge because it allows the coaching staff to focus on some other guys in the class that they consider to be “top-priority” guys.

If Kansas can add another big man and then add a player like Bethea, which I think is possible, but it's going to be a battle, the core of the 2024 would be set. The coaching staff has a chance to make a big-time impression on Bethea when his visit takes place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News