ADVERTISEMENT

Where we are.

KUFED

Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 8, 2013
projecting a record for this team is a waste of time. Measuring success will be based upon effort, execution and growth during the season.

Our reality is that we have a roster so thin that any injury to a one means that his replacement will likely not be a legit Big 12 player. There are some areas of depth, the Dline, TE and RB(assuming Avery plays), but everywhere else is thin.

There had better be a huge recruiting emphasis on finding kickers and punters. I want to go off on a rant about this but it has been beaten to death. But, WOW!

It will be interesting to see how many true freshmen end up playing significant minutes. I personally think a Freshman QB starts. Mike Cummings deserves a medal for hanging in here for all these years and Cozart needs a new position, but neither is the guy.

JK isn't the only guy fired up about the way the team is practicing and preparing. Guys I know who are player alums and have attended practice have been very positive about Beatty the staff and their approach to every part of the program. However no one is predicting wins either. I put a lot if stock into the views of the football alums who have stayed engaged
in the program over the years and Beatty and the staff have definately impressed.

The fact that a kid committed yesterday is something that can't be overlooked. I know it is just a verbal but I think it is an indicator of the direction Beatty is going. Having some NFL alums working the sidelines with the recruits in attendance didn't hurt. Beatty gets how this is done and we as fans have to exercise patience to give him the time to recruit a winning team. Momentum for the program for the next two to three years will not necessarily be measured in wins but it will be noticeable

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News