ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update What’s next when it comes to KU’s roster?

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Kansas has a number of options to consider when it comes to completing its 2024-25 roster. On Wednesday, it became clear that Florida transfer Riley Kugel would not be making the move to Lawrence after announcing his transfer back on March 31. With Kugel officially out of the picture, Bill Self and his staff will turn their attention elsewhere.

Currently, Kansas has 11 scholarships accounted for when it comes to the 2024-25 roster. Hunter Dickinson, Dajuan Harris, Jamari McDowell, Elmarko Jackson, KJ Adams, and Zach Clemence will all return next season.

Zeke Mayo, AJ Storr, and Rylan Griffen were added from the portal, while Flory Budinga and Rakease Passmore were added from the high school ranks. My best guess is, that Kansas would like to add two more players, one possibly a non-scholarship player, and play out the season with 12 scholarship players.

I’ve got no idea how all of this is going to look when all is said and done, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Noah Shelby, the 6-foot-3, 190-pound guard from the Greenhill School in Addison, Texas is the next addition to the roster.

Shelby, a member of the 2022 class, was recruited by Kansas coming out of high school, took a visit to Kansas on Monday, and is good friends with Rylan Griffen. Since returning home from his visit, Shelby and his family have gone silent, but I’ve been told that the visit was fantastic.

If something is announced next week or in the future, don’t be surprised.

Jaxson Robinson, the 6-foot-7, 190-pound shooting guard from BYU has been linked to Kansas since entering the transfer portal. At one point, I was told that a visit to Kansas was possible, but things have gone silent since that time. I just reached out to my contact to see if getting Robinson on campus for a visit is a real possibility.

Another player to keep an eye on is Wooga Poplar, the 6-foot-5, 197-pound small forward from Miami (FL). This past season, Poplar averaged 13.4 points, 4.8 rebounds, and 2.2 assists per game. He shot 43.7 percent from the field, 39.4 percent from behind the arc, and 86.4 percent from the free-throw line.

I reached out to Poplar and a few sources, so I’m working to get some type of update on where things stand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News