ADVERTISEMENT

We are flawed but make no mistake..

Chevelle84

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2012
We have to realize that if ISU doesn't make more threes in this game then they have in 4 years, that we win a road game in an incredibly difficult arena against a team that's likely going to be ranked in the top 15 next week. Make all the excuses about our flaws and what we could've done better but it took a top 15 team playing its best game of its season to beat us on their home court by 4.

I think this teams ceiling might only be elite 8 which is disappointing compared to what we all thought before the season. However, we are one guard (Arterio) away from probably being the best team in the country. Obviously, Self would probably like to have that recruiting decision back but it is what it is..

Silver lining may not come until next season but I think McCullar is the only significant player we lose after this year and if we replace him with a player with the proper combo guard skill set then we could have one hell of a shot at a title, just a year later than originally hoped.

Bidunga backing up HD and KJ could be exciting. Furphy and Jackson taking steps forward. Hopefully adding a combo guard to help Harris in the backcourt through the portal, which would be an easy sell to a transfer to fill McCullars starting spot. By the way, I wish we had Philon on this year's team as I really like his potential and he too could help in the backcourt next season.

I hate to point this out now when we still have a legit good team that will only get better, but want everyone to keep in mind that if HD returns next season, which I think he will, we're likely a much improved team, with better depth and probably all the pieces to win a Natty.

Just thought I'd do my sunshine pumper thing and try to lift some spirits for those who are concerned with our chances this season. Rock Chalk!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News