ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Updates on recruits who I have high on the board

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
There are some changes to the information and a couple new names I have been tracking over the last couple weeks.

Here is an update on the recruits I consider to be high on the board, and also realistic targets that I think are in play for the staff.

OFFENSE

Really all eyes are on the offensive line right now. I think they are two spots away from wrapping it up on offense and being done.

One name that I think has moved way up the board is Devon Manuel an OL from Louisiana. Between Drake, Eargle, and Meadows they have all been on him. I really get the feel Kansas might be near the top of his ist.

I also believe they are turning up the heat on Rolan Fullwood a big OL from Lawndale and the same school as Jalon Daniels. He thinks highly of KU and they might be the top school on his list.

The staff is still in the mix with Jacoby Jackson and Kimo Makaneole. Jackson still has the main schools with TCU, Tech, and Baylor along with KU. Kimo has seen his offer list grow a lot with recent offers from A&M, Mizzou, and Mississippi State.

At receiver obviously Keon Coleman is still a target and I think if they can get him you find room or make room.

An interesting position to keep an eye on is quarterback. You have to remember Jalon Daniels will be in the 2021 class so he and Easters give them two QBs. But I talked to Noah Bodden tonight and he tells me KU is one of his top schools.

Spots will have to open or change for some of the certain position numbers to change.

DEFENSE

A couple defensive linemen that I still have high on the board are Kelvin Gilliam and Patrick Hisatake. Gilliam told me he wants to visit KU but he also said he might move his timeline up. If that happens, I think the Jayhawks might be in the middle to bottom of his top six.

Hisatake told me last night KU is high on his list. He really likes the 3-4 defense and Uzo-Diribe has done a good job recruiting him. He has talked with Diribe and Miles about an official visit.

Another DL I talked to is Tommy Dunn who wants to take a visit and I think might be the next level playerdown on the board and see how things play out. He holds an offer, but if someone else commits that could close out the DTs.

At the outside linebacker spot a new name to watch is Jah-Mal Williams from Fort Lauderdale. The staff has been picking it up with him. He’s got Louisville, Cincy, Syracuse and some other schools on him.

Diribe has been staying steady with Miles Capers and Moses Oladejo. I still think they take two more OLB types.

I really think there is a legit shot at John Howse from Tennessee. If I had to say Michigan would be the leader but it is unclear if they are waiting on another safety. That would probably make it a two-team race between KU and Nebraska. I believe those two have done a great job with him. Peterson and Eargle have been very consistent with him.

The other spot I forecasted with O.J. Burroughs from IMG. He is set to pick this Friday and I have predicted KU. If there is any chance they get Burroughs and Howse that will be a great safety line-up.

At corner I still like the chances to get Maxwell Hairtson. The other school fighting with KU the most was Arkansas and they just got a commitment from A.J. Green so that gives them two corners in their class. They might also be closing in on Dreyden Norwdood

A new name the staff is trying to make quick inroads with is Arnez Madson. I talked to him for a while and he liked the offer a lot. He got one from Oregon State and he told me ASU is picking up the interest.

--------------------

I think there will be a final number of 21 signed. The base has been laid and within the next couple weeks they could be down to less than 10 spots left.

If I had to pick the five most likely to commit this is how I rank them right now:

1- OJ Burroughs

2- Maxwell Hairston

3- Devon Manuel

4- Rolan Fullwood

5- Patrick Hisatake

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News