ADVERTISEMENT

Turn out in Reno and the defense

KUFED

Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 8, 2013
I was really impressed with the turnout of KU fans at the Nevada game. KU fans were everywhere and the alumni tailgate had the most fans of any I have gone to. Had no idea how big of an alumni group KU has in northern cali and they showed up. Met lots of folks who drove in from San Jose and SanFran areas. 3rd road win my crew has seen since 2007, including 2 in a row, which goes to show how fast LL has turned this program around. We have been to one road game every year since the mid 1990's and have seen some really bad beats. This is quite a nice change!

Daniels was not sharp, the play calling was not good, run the damn ball more, yet 31 points and 400 plus yards. The O is going to score as long as the skill guys stay healthy.

This team goes as far as the defense takes it. The front 7 on defense did not play well against Nevada. The Nevada o-line was not big yet they pushed KU off the LOS far too often. The biggest weakness are the LB's and DE's. KU needs speed at LB. It should be one of the top, if not the top need for the portal and recruiting. Running QB's are going to kill us all season because KU can't set the edge and pursue side to side very well. Borland started moving the safeties closer to the LOS and they were set wide on the hash marks to help support the edges. Nevada never attacked the middle of the field via the pass and it was wide open.
There is no question the DL is better. The defense as a whole is better but if the dreams if 8 or 9 wins are to come true, the front 7 must improve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News