ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update TUESDAY TRANSFER PORTAL UPDATE

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
I know this is getting out a little later than usual, and I apologize, but I wanted to check on a few things before posting today's transfer portal update. On Monday morning, Primo Spears, the No. 15 ranked player in the transfer portal told me that his official visit to Kansas would begin today. I made a few calls today, just to be sure things hadn't changed, and Spears, the 6-foot-3, 185-pound guard from Georgetown will arrive for his visit today. Recently, it was reported that Spears is down to Kansas and Florida State. I know that he will need a waiver to place, being that he's already transferred twice, but if the staff makes a strong push for Spears and makes him a priority, I've got the feeling that saying no to Bill Self will be difficult for the talented guard.

I know that many of you have been asking me about Jaylon Tyson, the 6-foot-7, 210-pound small forward from Texas Tech. Having taken a visit to California this past weekend, Tyson just told me that he's working on a date to visit Kansas today. I know that Auburn and Ole Miss, along with California and others, have been mentioned as possible destinations, but I also know that Kansas reached out the second Tyson hit the portal and I know both (Kansas/Jaylon Tyson) are very interested in each other. I hope to have the visit date for you here as soon as it has been set.

I wish that I had some concrete information on you regarding Arterio Morris, the 6-foot-3, 190-pound guard from Texas, but things have gone somewhat quiet on that front. After taking a visit to Kansas, I was told that he was headed to visit UCF. However, I was told earlier today that the belief was that visit didn't actually take place. There has been talk that a visit to DePaul took place as well, so I'm trying my best to get a list of schools that Morris has actually visited. I never saw the Instagram live video, but Mike Vernon put out a tweet saying Morris plans to announce in two weeks. If I'm being honest here, I've got no idea what's going to happen. I'm still trying to gather some information, but I know that his March 29 trial date was postponed, so I'm not totally sure if that has anything to do with the two-week wait in the decision-making process. Obviously, due to his situation, there is more involved than just basketball. I tend to do my very best to not get too involved in this type of stuff, especially considering how serious the situation is. I do know that he visited Kansas and there is real interest from both sides.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News