ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update The latest update and visitors- Jan. 5, 8:10 a.m.

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Posted from front of site:

Usually recruiting weekends start on Friday, but the Kansas staff is getting a day head start. There are several visitors expected in this weekend and many will show up on Thursday.

One of the visitors is JB Brown, who entered the transfer portal after playing at Bowling Green. Brown has been talking with Kansas linebackers coach Chris Simpson.

“He has been very straight forward about things,” Brown said. “He liked my blitzing ability.”

This year Brown scored a solid grade of 74.8 by Pro Football Focus and got good grades for his pass coverage.

Brown, 6-foot-2, 230 pounds is originally from Arkansas. He entered the portal on December 30 and two days later Simpson extended him an offer. Brown will arrive in Lawrence today.

“I’m looking forward to seeing the welcoming environment,” he said. “From my research it looks to be a great school. It is important to find a brotherhood in my next school.”

-----------------

Other players expected today are Chris Keys a defensive back from Indiana, who could be down to two with Mississippi State and KU. I still think he is waiting to see how things play out. He will leave KU and go right to Mississippi State. The concern here is MSU and the SEC since he is from there.

Spencer Lovell, an OL from Cal, who started at Arizona Sate. I think it will come down to KU and Colorado for him.

Daniel Grzesiak, a DE from Utah State, I think might arrive today. I can't remember if he told me today or Friday because he is doing a double visit where he leaves Cincinnati and goes straight to KU.

One other player to keep an eye on is Josh Kelly from Fresno State. The trail went cold on him for a while but I think Samuel has been fighting for him. He is visiting Washington State and I think there is a chance he could visit KU. I'm just waiting to hear from him.

-------------------

Here is an updated list where things stand with the transfer portal:

COMMITS

Devin Phillips- DT- Colorado State
Gage Keys- DT- Minnesota
Austin Booker- DE- Minnesota
Logan Brown- OL- Wisconsin
Seth Keller- K- Texas State

RECENT AND CURRENT PORTAL OFFERS

Chris Keys-
DB- Indiana
Chris Megginson- DB- Liberty