ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update The latest I'm tracking on recruiting: Sunday, April 28th

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Right now the list is fairly small and from I gather he spots available are in question. I hear they have 2-3 spots but I don't get a firm answer.

I know there has been contact with four recruits in the transfer portal and possible a fifth name.

For starters one recruit in the portal who told me he is interested in Kansas and has been in contact with them is Jayden Wayne, a DE from Miami. He is originally from the state of Washington and currently on a visit to UW. The key here is getting through the day without him committing. If they can get through the initial Washington wave of the weekend then there is a chance.

The other DE I am watching is Bai Jobe a transfer from Michigan State. He has been tougher to follow because from what I hear his father is handling a lot of things and also some are working through Sean Cooper with C4SportOklahoma. I believe the KU staff is trying to set both on a visit.

There has been talk linking the Jayhawks to former Michigan LB Jeremiah Beasley. But I am hearing there was initial contact but not much more than that. The word I get is Beasley already had a final two schools in mind when he went in the portal. And KU was not one of them.

Now, the Michigan transfer portal player I am trying to track the most is Amir Herring. The OL is cousins with KU QB Isaiah Marshall and the Jayhawks are in the mix with him. But I am hearing the day he went in the portal, he got offered by Michigan State, Wisconsin, Washington and others. The fight for Herring will not be easy, but KU is going to be in the mix as of this morning.

Another DE I am reaching out to is Tramel Logan from USF. He entered the portal on Friday and from I am hearing the KU staff spent the afternoon evaluating him. I can't confirm if they have reached out but I would not be surprised.

There are a lot of moving parts going on and things could move fast. The portal closes on Tuesday at midnight and when it does, no player can enter after.

I wish I could give predictions but there just isn't enough out there to show where KU is standing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News